About Appeals And Waivers: Our Attorneys Will Help You Find The Right Solution
Has your immigration application been denied? You may feel overwhelmed or hopeless, but all is not lost. It may be possible to appeal the decision with the help of an experienced and knowledgeable immigration team. At Rios Immigration Law Firm, our appeals and waivers lawyers in St. Petersburg have helped clients with appeals for more than 40 years, and our track record of success speaks volumes about our skills in this field of law.
Contact our law firm at 727-416-7943 to discuss your options for appeals or obtaining a waiver.
Types Of Immigration Appeals
If your application for immigration is denied, we can appeal the decision using one of the following methods:
- Filing an appeal with the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) to reopen or reconsider the application. To file this type of appeal, we will need to provide new information to support the petition within 30 days of the original denial. Due to this short timeline, contacting us immediately after receiving the denial notice is imperative.
- Filing an appeal with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). This appeal can result in a reversal of the decision, an affirmation of the original decision, or a return of the case to the original immigration office for review.
Types Of Waivers
Unfortunately, traditional immigration pathways contain several legal barriers. If you have been disqualified for a visa or green card, you may be able to continue your pursuit by applying for waivers.
Here are a few types of immigration waivers:
- Unlawful presence hardship waiver
- Provisional unlawful presence waiver
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Prosecutorial discretion
- Waiver of certain criminal offenses
- Obtaining a green card while remaining in the United States
The process of appealing for an immigration waiver starts with determining whether you qualify for relief. Our attorneys are well-versed in immigration law, and we have an in-depth understanding of each waiver’s specific eligibility requirements. We can help you navigate the process and explain the options you may have at your disposal.
The Importance Of Legal Representation
The forms and processes for appeals and waivers can be extremely confusing. Making a mistake on any of the forms or missing a deadline can result in an automatic denial. Our St. Petersburg appeals and waivers attorneys have helped numerous clients successfully navigate the process of appealing a denial and applying for immigration waivers.
At Rios Immigration Law Firm, our staff is one big family, and we genuinely care about each and every client. Because we understand that meeting with an attorney can be difficult with work and family responsibilities, we are available on Saturdays by appointment only to provide the urgent legal advice you need.